The Safe Place

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Why I Bought a Small Handgun Safe


I bought the small handgun safe you see here in the picture, despite the fact that I already own a large gun safe AND a smaller safe for my wife's jewelry, because I wanted a handgun in my room, close at hand, but completely out of the reach of my children and grandchildren. I keep the key on a high shelf with some other keys, but my handgun is locked away, to prevent anything from happening that I wouldn't want to happen, if you know what I mean.

I timed myself, it only takes me 20 seconds to get my key (moving slowly and quietly from my bed), open my safe, and have my handgun in hand, clip loaded.

I'm happy with that -and I'm happy to have my handgun out of the way of little people (or anyone but me).

No comments:

Post a Comment